Cancelation of NTL Broadband

sloggi

Anyone else tried to cancell a braodband connection with NTL prior to expiration of 12mths? I just read small print and see minimum contract of 12mths......assume this applies to me also as i dont remember signing up to it - needed broadband, they provided it, usual story!!!

I am in the same both myself at the minute. I was told by their cancellations dept I would have to pay a €100 cancellation fee plus whatever was owed for the service received.

It is possible to transfer over the service to someone else if that is an option for you

I got in NTL broadband and then after about 8 month moved apartment to an area where they could not provide it
After ringing up trying to get them to reconnected it they just cancelled the broadband from my bill, i kept the digital service and obviously kept paying for that but for nothing else..

clipper1981 said:
I would have to pay a €100 cancellation fee plus whatever was owed for the service received.

Wow...€100 cancellation fee!! is this part of their t+c's?? Quite prepared to pay amount owing, but seems rediculous that would have to pay €100 cancellation fee aswell. Is this cause you ducked out early! Like onerik i'll be keeping digital connection in the apt (being bought out of my share of apt and dont make sense to cancell whole lot for tv package to be re-installed) Madness!!

I will be moving soon but will continue to pay ntl by direct debit. If I dont tell them I have moved and just cancel the contract at the end of 12 months I assume I can avoid the €100 charge ??? Anyone know if they collect modem etc. after cancellation ??

Back