cancel eircom phone but keep broadband?

aoc

Just wondering, we never use our house phone but want to keep the broadband, can you do this with eircom? not interested in changing provider... also sky is linked to phone line, but again we never 'buy' movies or sports, so do i need to keep the phone line in?

Yes you probably can cancel the phone part. But you still need to pay the line rental plus the broadband charges which will total around 45 euro per month (line rental is around 25 per month).

no point in canceling the phone then really... sorry i'm not technical at all, i didn't realise that you needed the phone line for broadband :eek:

Just trying to get best value for money, seems a waste having the phone...

You can also get broadband in other ways but it depends on what is available in your area. Check this website to find broadband providers in your area... http://www.broadband.gov.ie/

If you have NTL for example you could get broadband from them and then you wouldn't need the phone line. But sounds like you use Sky.

I was in a similar position 2 years ago.
Got rid of Eircom landline and broadband and got O2 wireless broadband.
Still have Sky through the dish (you do not have to keep the landline even though they say you do as I have sky+ downstairs and another digibox in bedroom).

Back