Canaries for Xmas 2 weeks - young family?

babydays

Looking for a 2 week break in the canaries with kids aged 6, 4 and 2.

Desperately looking for at least 2 bed appartment and resort having KIDDIE CLUB!!!!

Looking at aerlingus the only islands that have cheapish flights are fuertenventura and Lanzarote for our dates (just before Xmas).

Anyone know of a resort with kiddie club and reasonable accomodation (i.e. none of this 1 bedroom idea for a family of 5)? Also preference is to be in walking distance from beach.

tks!!!!

cinco plaza in lanzarote are great, been a few times, great for kids, look up nordotel (website and email them for a price) they have large 2 beds which are great. 5 mins from beach in porto del carmen.

Stayed here http://www.sandsbeach.eu/ 2 years ago, kids (4 and 2 at the time) loved the kids club. Small private beach in the complex, plenty of pools also. Main Beach 2 mins walk out the back of the complex. Wide range of apartments, we had one of the 2 beds on the beachfront, very happy with it. There are also a couple of 3 beds on the beach.
PM me if you need any further info

xmas so so heavily booked and anyone Iv spoken to says whats there even though very little is very expensive...
Even just flights there on the net I looked at alone near the price of a package.. Its terrible they can see travel industry struggling yet though these tour companies hike the prices and we hear agencies closing left right and centre no wonder the tour ops aint doing them or net any favours

You don't say what sort of budget you have, nor your specific dates, but I had a look at Monarch's website for hotel only in Lanzarote for 2 weeks from 5 December and came up with the following: (hope link works). You could try trawling through the offerings and see if anything looks like it might be right for you.

Bear in mind though that many places only offer their kids' clubs in high season. I would also recommend that you read reviews for anywhere you are considering. Thomas Cook also do hotel only and may be worth a look. The current sterling/euro rate makes for some great bargains out there. I've no connection to any of the places I've linked to.

We went to Lanzarote last Jan with 2 kids and it was feckin' freeeeeeeezin'. It rained 4 out of 7 days and it was to cold for kids to enter the pool on any of the days. Thankfully we brought a few DVDs for the kids.

I'm recently back from Fuerteventura with 3 kids (a 4 yo and 16 wk old twins). We stayed at the Oasis Dunas which was great for families. There's a Kiddies Club for kids from 4 and a creche from 6 months old. There's entertainment every night which the kids love. The pool is the largest in Corralejo, I believe.

It's about 10 mins walk from the main restaurant area with some great restaurants (try Jaipur if you like Indian), and the beach. It's beside the Waterpark, and there are supermarkets only a few minutes away. If you are planning on stocking up on stuff for the week, a trip down to the Spar (a real supermarket, not the Irish convenience store variety) in the old town is worthwhile (about a half hour walk).

The 2 bed apartments themselves are decent, if basic enough, but then that seems to be the way in most of Fuerteventura. Each bedroon has 2 single beds. There's no a/c, but you can pick up a fan for a week for €12.

Personally I'm not that fond of Lanzarote, and find Fuerteventura much more chilled out.

We're tied to school holidays and preference to be away for Xmas -
so from 22nd Dec for 2 weeks.

We're 5 people so the price adds up very quickly. Have priced flights to Lanzarote or Fuertenventura for just under 2K and that's before accomodation.

Going to check out the links and suggestions you've come up with now! Many thanks

We are just back from Las Marismas in Corralejo, Fuerteventura. We had a beautiful two bedroom apartment overlooking the pool. Fantastic complex behind the Water Park, and a short walk into town. See my review on Tripadvisor here

Back