Canamerica Travel Agents Closing

Silver2

Just found out today the are closing.

I have holidays booked, and the have assured me everything is ok and holidays are been passed on to other agents who will notify me in the coming days.

Has anyone else booked holidays or flights lately from Canmerica?

According to the website of the travel agents licensing authority - aviationreg.ie -all bookings have been passed over to American Holidays, save those bookings on Globespan Airways to Canada which will be dealt directly by globespan.

All address and phone details on that website.

It seems that this travel agency closure has been dealt with in a way that should not inconvenience customers.

(As a licensed travel agency myself this is a good moment to remind people that when booking with a licensed Irish travel agent you don't lose a cent if they go broke, unlike nearly every other business you can think of. All monies are refunded by the government department as per the website )

oldnick, many thanks for your reply..the information is great and believe me it was of great relief.
Canamerica wont give me much information at this stage, but ill ring the number and hopefully get sorted out.
Just have booked for a large number of people so a few thousand is involved.
Many Thanks oldnick

Just thought I'd add...
if American Holidays does not offer either what you had ordered or a satisfactory alternative then tell them immediately- no-sorry I'll go for a refund from the Commission for Aviation Regulations.
Also, if they haven't contacted you by,say, Tuesday noon I'd ring/visit American Hols and if not happy ring/visit the Commission for Aviation Regulations in Earlsfort Terrace.
(substitute Globespan for American hols if you had booked a Globespan flight)

oldnick, cheers for that.. Hopefully ill get everything sorted early next week.