Canada

Leon76

Hi ,

I've been self employed in the construction industry for the past 8 years.However, due to the downturn and bad debts I'm thinking of going overseas. Myself and my girlfriend have spoken about Canada and we have done some research on job op's etc. I'm 32 and she is 34. Does anyone have any info on visa requirements .Much appreciate some help.

Myself and my partner have applied for Permanent Residency last August to the London office. Haven't heard a thing back since but I believe thats normal. As majik's post says, you can be waiting for up to 2.5 years if you have no job offer. For you guys, because you are both under 25, the holiday visa may be a better option, especially if you don't plan on living there for very long.

You may find some information on this forum aswell. http://www.city-data.com/forum/canada/

Good point there Paulsgirl. The OP could apply for the under 35 program as I mentioned. Once he finds a job there he could ask his employer towards the end of the year if they would be interested in keeping him on.

If they do keep him on, applying for a standard work permit before the working holiday one expires is much easier to do once you are in Canada itself, especially if you have an approved job offer. Still the same requirements as I mentioned in my previous post but a lot less hassle.

Back