Canada summer 2018

music

Hi there,

has anyone got any advice or tips. We are a family of 2 adults and 3 teenagers. We are contemplating a 3 week family trip to Canada in late June 18. We would fly from Dublin (or elsewhere in Europe if it were better value but Dublin is handiest) . We anticipate flying into Toronto. probably a few days there. Then fly on to the West coast Vancouver etc. There is talk of hiring an RV.
Has anyone got any advice on best flights, accommodation in Toronto, even on recommended RV suppliers and the like. It would be much appreciated.

If you've got 3 weeks and you are thinking of renting an RV, you could fly Toronto to Calgary, pick up RV there and drive to Vancouver through the Rockies.

Make sure to visit Banff and Lake Louise and familiarise yourself with bear protocol before you go though!
(I have done similar coach based trip so can't help with the RV rental).

We used this company a couple of years ago.

Westcoast Mountain Campers Ltd.

You will have to book your sites in advance if you are using national parks - busy time of year. They open for booking at a set time and date. I could not believe how quickly the sites sold off. All the prime lakeside areas were gone in a flash. Research them beforehand and know exactly the site number you want before they open the booking date.

We used one from Vancouver to Calgary. (We went to the Stampede in Calgary. Loved it!)

I could not believe my luck to see a black bear run in front of and beside the RV in Bannf. I even got a picture from inside. Also, there are some vicious mozzies in the area.

Have a great trip!

Marion

Back