Canada coast to coast

Perplexed

Thinking of taking a trip coast to coast in Canada this year doing part of the journey by train.

Any advice welcome as to must sees along the way as I've never been to any part of Canada.

Going from Halifax you should stop off in New Brunswick and pay a visit to the only province without railways (okay, it sounds dumb) Prince Edward Island (it's worth a day trip to see Charlottown). Then Montreal is a must, especially the great white elephant of the Olympic stadium and it's surrounds.

No sounds interesting Almo, I like lots of different sights to see.
Haven't arranged AL yet. What time of year is best for Canada?
I like pleasant weather for walking in. Sunbathing weather not necessary.

Alberta definitely worth a visit, Canadian Rockies- Banff/ Lake Louise/ Columbia Icefields /Jasper scenery spectacular

To travel in Canada you'd need to make it (to get the best of it) May/September I would say but you can still get snow throughout. On the east coast the autumn lands in very quick and you get a fair amount of rain, same as the west, so early June late August is best, in my own experience anyway.

Going from Halifax you should stop off in New Brunswick and pay a visit to the only province without railways (okay, it sounds dumb) Prince Edward Island (it's worth a day trip to see Charlottown). Then Montreal is a must, especially the great white elephant of the Olympic stadium and it's surrounds.

Newfoundland doesn't have raillines either, and is farther east than Halifax. Beautiful, and worth a visit.

Thanks guys. I normally avoid going on hols June July & August as I hate weather too hot, but this year looks like I'm going to have to change that.

Back