Can you take a leaving cert exam as an adult?

paddi22

Hi,

i tried to google this but couldn't get a clear answer!

I am teaching myself spanish at the moment. I studied french while at school, but I would love to go back and sit the junior and/or leaving cert spanish exam as an adult, is this possible?

Or is there any other grade system of spanish exams. I would love to have a goal to aim towards!

Yes you can sit LC Spanish - there is no upper age limit.

All the required info is on the State Examination Commission website -

Quote "The majority of candidates who sit for the examinations are recognised students in post-primary schools, are 17 or 18 years of age and have completed 5 or 6 years of post-primary education. However, candidature for the examination is not limited to post-primary school students. A candidate following an approved course of study outside the State or who is attending an approved course of study organised under the Vocational Training Opportunities Scheme , Adult Literacy and Community Education Schemes, the Department of Social and Family Affairs second-level scheme for the unemployed or an analogous scheme, may be admitted to the examinations on payment of the appropriate fee" .....

You can contact Entries Section for further information. Telephone 090 6442704 / 6442702 / 6442706. E-mail: entries@examinations.ie

You might also be interested in the Spanish Cultural Institute, based in Dublin, who offer certificate and diploma courses.

[broken link removed]

Back