Can you sell a 2nd hand conservatory?

onekeano

Put on a conservatory about 5 years ago and was so happy with it I added to it to double it in size about 2 years ago. Sadly now Mrs Roy has decided they have to go in favour of 2 storey extension so that's that.

Couple of people have said to me that you can sell a 2nd hand conservatory -just wondering if this is the case and if so where? The combined size is in the region of 38 sq. metres.

Any advice appreiciated.

Roy

Re: Can you sell a conservatory?

Couple of people have said to me that you can sell a 2nd hand conservatory -just wondering if this is the case and if so where? The combined size is in the region of 38 sq. metres.

Any advice appreiciated.

Roy

There was one for sale in Ireland on ebay a few months ago. You had to dismantle it your self. There were no offers on it.

Towger

I sold one recently, not as big as that, about 25m single glazed lean-to type. Put an add in buy and sell and had plenty of calls on it. Agreed a sale and the guy who bought it came out with a long trailer and four of us took it down in half a day.

If you can, leave it up until the buyer comes to take it down as it is handy if they can number/label the pieces for re-erection.

Dont expect too much money for it, just be glad to get rid as sending it to a tip will cost you money.

If the main goal is to get rid of it without dumping then perhaps consider sticking it on one of those freebie sites/forums like Jumbletown, Freecycle or the freebie section of adverts.ie?