Can you recommend a basic economics book?

ice

Hi

Can anyone recommend a good basic economics book. I studied economics at UCD in my first year of an arts degree but that was a VERY long time ago .
I understand the basics of micro and macro economics so am looking for a book that would go over the main points again and maybe go into a little more detail.

Any good recommendations....nothing too heavy as with 3 kids at home I won't have too much time to read it

Economics by Joseph Stiglitz was my textbook in 1st Year...pretty good as I recall.

Not exactly textbooks but the following books explore economics & its practical applications. Each are very entertaining and informative.

Money for Nothing by Roger Bootle
The Truth about Markets by John Kay
The Undercover Economist by Tim Harford.

"Principles of Economics" by N Gregory Manciw - nicely laid out undergraduate text, and the author's style is to the point with chapter summaries and questions.

Ubiquitous, I was in UCC in 97 and Tim Harford taught us Business Economics! He used to come in wearing all this mad biker gear and going on about John Smiths Bitter....just looked at his website there and he looks so clean shaven LOL. Must buy his book as he used to have great theories on cartels and game theory at the time.

Firefly

Id second Askar's recommendation.

Crystal clear explanation of economics but also very complete

If you are interested in microeconomics - competition and regulation - you could check out "Competition and Regulation in Ireland: the law and economics" by Massey and Daly.