Can you help with Free-to-air channels

Angrygirl

Hi all

I am moving back into my rented property at the end of the month and don't want to sign up to sky or ntl i am hoping to use to free to air channels but after googling the info i'm confused, hopefully someone might be able to help

I have a sky dish outside that was disconnected 2 years ago when i moved, i'm not sure if this helps or not :confused:

Basically i'm looking to get as many stations as possible with just one initial outlay, can anyone advise what box i need to buy? Can i get a box that pauses and records like sky/ntl? is there a website that i can see the channels available before i buy the box?

As you can see i'm completly lost regarding this and googling only made me more confused :rolleyes:

So can anyone steer me in the right direction?

Thanks as always

I know that for the pause/rewind/record functions on a sky+ box to work, you must be a sky subscriber. It won't work if you're just using the box for free-to-air channels.

Or similarly you can get a freesat box, about the same second hand and I would guess €50+ new (Lidl & Aldi have them sometimes also).
Don't know if this one is any good:

(It's the same solution as hansov has listed above, and won't give you rte, tv3, tg4)

I think a cheap freesat box is the best option. That's freesat not freeview, fta ..etc...

Looks for a freesat logo.

You can get freesat boxes that record grundig make some good ones. you need two feeds from the dish to record.

i seen a lot of old sky boxes in the recycling places check them out you could get one for free

Back