can you have broadband on two home computers?

june

what is a good way ( if any )to get broadband on a second computer in my house. presuming I put in a phone connection, would i have to purchase and run a second modem at the same cost as the one I have?
thanks for any ideas....

Just have one broadband connection and a wired or wireless LAN centered on a router connecting the different PCs in your home and allowing shared access to the broadband connection. You don't need two broadband connections!

Tell us about your broadband connection. Is it over the phone line (DSL) or, say, NTL/Irish Broadband? Who did you sign up with?

with perlico decani, just have it a few months now
nottatekkie

Is it wireless - a little aerial jutting up behind? If so you can connect any wireless enabled computer (or wired if you connect an ethernet cable).

I have a wireless Prestige 600 series with 4 computers connected...

ZyXEL, prestige 600 series is on it
Does it have a specific model number somewhere? It may have additional ethernet ports in which case you can just connect other computers using wired ethernet to create a home LAN with all PCs sharing the same broadband connection. If (as mentioned above) it is wireless (don't think so though) then you can connect wireless enabled computers (often laptops but possibly also desktops with a suitable adaptor) similarly. If there is only one port for connecting a single computer to the router then you may need another wired or wireless router to connect to the broadband one and then each computer in your home connects to the new router creating a wired or wireless (or both) LAN sharing the single broadband connection. Hope that makes sense.

ok so thanks for that. will try to set that up. good website too on how stuff works