Can you have a joint credit card account?

WaterWater

I have an Ulster Bank credit card. When we opened it, from memory, the account was in one name with a secondary card on it. We always thought it as a joint account but realise that it was a sole account with just access to it by a second person.

Because Ulster Bank is closing we decided to open an AIB credit card account. Because we have an AIB current account we were able to open this account over the phone. At the time of opening I gave details of a second person that I wanted on the account, same as our current account. A few days later the card arrived and a letter saying that the account was now open. However, only one card arrived and I noticed that the letter was just addressed to me. No card for my wife and nothing addressed to her in the letter. I had assumed that it would be a joint account.

Can you have a joint credit card account or are you only allowed to have a sole account with a second card issued to another person?

No. You can have an extra person on your account and they will have their own card but as far as I know there is no such thing as a joint credit card.

Well my wife is on my aib credit card account with her own card so yes unless rules have changed. To clarify . She is a named user .
I asked to add my daughter too and they said no .
Only 1 allowed ?

Well my wife is on my aib credit card account with her own card so yes unless rules have changed. To clarify . She is a named user .
I asked to add my daughter too and they said no .
I think the main account holder is responsible for the second person with the additional card actions on the account.

Reactions: mtk
You can have extra named credit cards with Avantmoney. I have three named cards.

Unfortunately I have found that when you have a joint account with either a debit card or a credit card account with two cards on it.....you need to have two iPhones to download the new security Apps. This is causing problems for us as we only have one phone that can download Apps so we can only have one card on the account to make online purchases. The other card can only be used for pin type transactions and tap.