Can you find out who purchases downloads from CRO?

galleryman

Question, if you are a company registered on www.CRO.ie can you request a report/list of who has purchased downloads about your company from CRO?

Doubt you will be able to see "who" as there would be data protection issues with doing that I would think.

Why dont you ask the CRO?

No - bear in mind not all downloads are purchased through CRO either - there are other providers of documents, ie Vision-net where people can purchase searches.

Question, if you are a company registered on www.CRO.ie can you request a report/list of who has purchased downloads about your company from CRO?

Just wondering why would you want to know this informtion?

If you can expand on why you need to know this, if you provide reason we would be able to tell you if the information they got is any use to person that purchased it.

the reason I ask is that I have purchased documents on companies thru CRO for various reason and I was just curious if those companies would know this.

I know that are a matter of public record and I am perfectly entitled to request copies of them, I simply would prefer that my level of research was not know in advance by these companies.

that's all.

You might be better off to ring companies office and ask is it possible and if yes how to get the information.

All company files on the cro website are in the public domain, so no paper trail is needed by the cro and as far as I know, none is kept. - I've frequently downloaded documents and they get emailed by an automatic progranne within minutes 24hrs a day.

Also I have a company and I know of no way to find out if someone has downloaded info about my company - i'm sure some suppliers have done so as have landlords and credit agencies.

Companies have no way of knowing who has downloaded copies of their annual returns.

I've downloaded documents too and was wondering the same.

Companies have no way of knowing who has downloaded copies of their annual returns.

I'll also follow this by saying neither should they care nor should the downloader be worried. It is public information. If directors of a company have a hang up on this they shouldn't be trading as a company, they should have gone sole trader/p'ship.