Can you buy restaurant gift vouchers for Orlando?

LDFerguson

Looking to buy a gift for a friend's birthday and as he's going to Orlando in December, I thought I might buy him a voucher for a restaurant there. (Staying on International Drive, if that's relevant.)

I've rooted around the net and can't find any restaurant websites in the area that sell gift vouchers online.

Any bright ideas or recommendations?

Hi, Liam

While not for a restaurant per se, you can get tickets here for various dinner shows in Orlando and some of these get rave reviews - there is one called Dolly Partons Dixie Stampede or something like that which some of ny family saw last year and loved.

These "vouchers" are available on line- I have used attractionstickets.co.uk & also keith prowse in the past to purchase similiar tickets.

Alternatively have a look at the dibb website - www.thedibb.co.uk where there are whole forums devoted to restaurants in orlando and I'm sure this question is answered there somewhere

Lovely gift idea! I know that some restaurants will e-mail or post out vouchers (I was thinking of it as a gift for friends who live in Florida) but the service fee can be ridiculous. Why not get your friend some traveller's cheques instead? They're easy enough to get from any bank, easy to use (your friend may need photo ID to cash them, but in my experience in Orlando, no one seems to insist on it), they give your friend freedom to choose any restaurant, and they look better than cash