Can some1 show me how to operate my Water & heating system?? Galway.

K

kierank

Hi Everyone,

I just moved into my 3 bed in galway. Want to get rooms rented out but have a few bits still to do..

Previous owner turned everything off while house was vacant, he had tenants in before that so he doesn't know anything about the place really... Im waiting to get the gas turned on so hopefully when they come out they'll show me how to work that system..

However, there's 3 or 4 of taps in the hot press and i don't know what to do with them to get the water working.. There's an emersion and i tried turning it on but nothing happened.. There's water flow in the house but its freezing.. Need to get it up and running so Can anyone help or know anyone that can help in galway city??? (Thank God for Electric Shower!!) Thanks in advance!

What kind of switch controls the immersion? Is there night saver electricity?
Leo

Hi Leo,

The switch for the emersion is just one one the wall outside the hot press. It is like a light switch with bath and shower on it...?? IS that what u mean?

The "taps" in your hot press most likely include the flow and return valves to your cylinder. Make sure they are all open by turning them counter-clockwise.

Does the immersion switch work? A red light should come on when you switch it on. If the immersion is switched on and there's a flow of (cold) water from your hot taps, perhaps the immersion element is broken.

Or perhaps the water was exclusively heated by the gas boiler and the immersion element was removed from the cylinder (unlikely but you never know with these landlords.)

Yeah the red light is working.. I'd say it could be the water flow thats the issue.. I'll have to check it later.. Thanks Leo!!

Don't forget to thank Extopia..

There should be one or two immersion elements attached to the tank, make sure these are wired up, as extopia suggests this is not always the case. One way to check is to take a look at your electriciy meter and note how fast the disc is rotating, then switch on the immersion to bath. Does the disc speed change? It should be noticable.
Leo