Can photo shops read photos on VCD?

Shaz

I intend to burn photos as a slideshow onto a VCD using Nero. I was wondering if photo shops/digital photo printing machines found in shops can read a VCD which contains a slideshow. Or do I have to burn photos onto a CD in order to enable printing?

Thanks.

Shaz said:
I intend to burn photos as a slideshow onto a VCD using Nero. I was wondering if photo shops/digital photo printing machines found in shops can read a VCD which contains a slideshow. Or do I have to burn photos onto a CD in order to enable printing?

Thanks.

According to the Nero website:

How can I create a VCD or SVCD slide show with more than 99 pictures?

In Nero 5.5 and above, when creating a VCD or SVCD slide show (which is a Video CD with JPEG, TIFF, BMP, etc. files), you will encounter a warning message if you add or drag over more than 99 pictures to be burned to CD. But only if you have the option enabled. This is due to the video format standard, which is limited to 99 pictures that can be supported with a menu. Even with menu enabled, you can add more than 99 pictures. But you will not have the menu associated with those that go beyond 99.

So, I would imagine that the JPEGs would be readable in a digital printing shop, as most CD-ROMs can read (S)VCDs. Only one way to find out for sure, of course... try it and see!

Back