Can only see 6 Weeks ahead on NCT site?

Westie123

Hello,

As title suggests, I went to book an NCT test online today (18th Jan.) and was surprised to see the calander only went to the end of Feb. My recollection of previous bookings is that you could see further in advance. Is approx. 6 weeks now the furthest ahead you can book online? If it is it's a bit strange as you are supposed to be able to have an NCT test done up to 3 months ahead of the due date.
Any ideas please?

Thanks.

As far as I know that's the new way that they operate. Maybe give them a call but I think the phone operator can only see the same calender.

As far as I know that's the new way that they operate. Maybe give them a call but I think the phone operator can only see the same calender.

In that case, how can you book 3 months in advance of your NCT due date, or 6 months if a first time NCT?

Thanks for the reply.

Hardly now. They are one of the most unhelpful services I have ever had to deal with.

Don't forget if they make you wait more than a month the test is free.

In that case, how can you book 3 months in advance of your NCT due date, or 6 months if a first time NCT?

Isn't it just a question of your interpretation of booking in advance?
I have booked three months ahead of my due date by having the NCT test in January, whilst it is not due till the end of March. The NCT certificate will have the March date on it and be valid until March 2012.

why is it they only date it from when it is due? I got my nct, granted it was a couple of months late, but surely it should be 2 years from when the car is tested?

why is it they only date it from when it is due? I got my nct, granted it was a couple of months late, but surely it should be 2 years from when the car is tested?

Working from the test date would only incentivise people to delay the test each time it was due.

Back