Can I use more than one MBNA card?

ali

Hi,

I have managed to decrease a substantial credit card debt by switching between 0% interest cards. I am currently coming to the end of 10 months with MBNA credit cards. I can transfer to Bof I clear card for 6 months but I reckon it will take me 10/12 months to clear the debt totally. I would like to avoid moving more than once more if I can.

If I apply for a different MBNA card, e.g. the Liverpool card interest free for 12 months although I currently have a standard MBNA card will I be automatically refused or are they classed as seperate cards with seperate accounts. I can't see anything in it for the banks.

A.

Ali, they are seen as seperate accounts.

I know somebody with both the standard MBNA card and the Ryan air card.

Yes, they are separate accounts, but they are separate MBNA accounts. It is possible to have as many MBNA credit cards as they approve you for, but the 0% transfer offer is not available for transferring one MBNA account to another MBNA account. The whole point of these offers is to entice new MBNA customers from other banks/credit card companies, not to save existing customers money!

From [broken link removed] ''Balances cannot be transferred from another MBNA account.''

From [broken link removed] ''Balances cannot be transferred from another MBNA account.''

Hi guys - do a bit of research online - there are lots of credit card providers out there, many of which offer 0% teaser rates. Just read the fine print, and really try to avoid carrying any credit card debt at all. They really all charge loan shark rates.

Thanks to you both

Ali ... if you dont mine me asking, what level of debt have you on the credit cards... Best you try clear them and cut them up. Would a bank give you one loan to consolidate all your debts?.. Penalties for missed payments and interest rate on them are crazy