can i transfer a loan?

Ron Burgundy

Hi,

I have a loan on a 4 x 4 , now i thinking of changing it in next Jan but i'll pay the difference myself.

My question is, can i transfer the loan from the old 4x4 to my new one ???

What do the terms & conditions of the loan agreement or the lender themselves say?

how did i know you'd say that

i'll ring in the morning and ask just thought i'd get a quick answer here.

its tsb and a HP agreement

Don't think that a HP agreement with ptsb allows for a transfer.

Are you aware of standard HP terms as to when you (the hirer) can return goods to the owner (ptsb)?

What usually happens is the settlement of the existing loan is incorporated into the new loan

eg
New 4x4 = €40,000
Trade in value - €20,000
Settlement + €18,000
New loan = €38,000

If it is HP, I see no reason why they would not allow you to transfer as Thrifty1 has shown. Of course it is subject to lending criteria and you will need to prove your ability to pay again.
You will also need to sign a new agreement but get a doc fee waiver (usually about €70) as they are getting a new vehicle (lower risk and increased equity).
If it is a car loan and not secured on the vehicle, you can do whatever you want.
Neither option stops you from taking your business to the bank which offers the best rate.

yeah i still might change bank as my own offered me a loan last year if i needed it so i might try again and see what the outcome is