Can I stop my car from getting written off??

brady7

I bought an evo 7 last week, through no fault of my own I was involved in a car accident (girl cut across my lane, I swerved to avoid her and hit car off pillar)
Got a quote of 5500 to fix car, seems a little extreme considering the car needs a new back quarter panel and bumper and suspension on side that was hit needs replacing.
Open market selling price according to Revenue is 4500, but good luck finding one in good condition for that price!
looking like its going to be written off, is there anyway I can choose to keep it and fix it instead?
girl not accepting liability at moment but wondering how long these things can take??

missus crashed our car a couple of yrs ago and the insurance company deemed it a write off which seemed excessive to me...the garage we had to bring it to, that the insurance company nominated, told us they would be selling it on to another garage with a view to having it put back on the road
infuriating but could'nt do anything about it

you can choose to retain the salvage and take the remainder of the settlement to try and fix up the car once it is just an economic write-off and not an end-of-life write off.

My brother in law did this.After the car is properly fixed up,his insurance company asked for an engineers report on the car.

Back