Can I run Saorview and UPC on separate TV's?

C

Cordelia66

Currently have UPC analogue, on old 32" telly that isn't even a flat screen as going to use it til it blows up! However, I want to get a 2nd tv for my own use (football overload has something to do with my decision) and thinking of buying a Saorview Ready tv.

Can anyone answer the following, in language an untechnical middle aged woman can understand please?

• will Saorview tv run off the current aerial, or do I need to buy a new one? I phoned Saorview, they said I'd need to buy a UHF aerial but subsequent googling of the subject led me to believe our existing roof aerial might suffice?
  • would both tv's operate independently of eachother? ie. Saorview channels on 'my' tv, and all the other channels on the main tv - and could we watch different channels from eachother at the same time?
Sorry for all the questions, but I am really thick when it comes to things like this. As Saorview channels are free, I am assuming no need to get an engineer to rig things up etc?

Many thanks in advance!

The short answer to your questions is yes.
And your outdoor aerial will/should suffice for Saorview.

Cordelia66, just to say as another "untechnical, middle aged woman" I really enjoyed reading you post. There are many of us in the same boat with all these new options available so your questions were really spot on!

• will Saorview tv run off the current aerial, or do I need to buy a new one? I phoned Saorview, they said I'd need to buy a UHF aerial but subsequent googling of the subject led me to believe our existing roof aerial might suffice?
Your existing aeriel might be sufficient, Buy a Saorview TV and try it. If not, buy a new aerial.

• would both tv's operate independently of eachother? ie. Saorview channels on 'my' tv, and all the other channels on the main tv - and could we watch different channels from eachother at the same time?

No problem.

The UPC cable is connected to one TV.
The aeriel is connected to the Saorview TV.

BTW, Why do you have an aeriel, if you have UPC ?

Both operate completely independently to each other.

You have to connect the Saorview TV to the aeriel, so the position of the TV will be dependent on where your aeriel feed is, inside your house.

Back