can I operate PC and laptop off 1 modem (3G)?

Welfarite

I got the 3g Modem on the basis that I was told I could operate my laptop and up to 5 PCs/Laptops off the modem. How do I do this?

I thought it would simply a matter of having the modem plugged into the PC (not wireless) and the wireless laptop would pick up the signal form it.

But no ...either one or the other works but not remotely.

Any not-too-"techy" solutions or was I sold a pup? (€79.99 as opposed to free).

The ordinary plug in braodband stick won't do you.

This is what you need:

[broken link removed]

Mi-Fi is a dongle and wireless modem all built into one.

I have one and it works grand .... range is about 10 feet though.

Does your laptop have Wireless - You need to be able to see the signal.

To use on a Pc you need to connect the modem to the Pc and allow it to install the software and you will be able to get online on your PC then, only 1 PC can be connected though

The ordinary plug in braodband stick won't do you.

This is what you need:

[broken link removed]

Mi-Fi is a dongle and wireless modem all built into one.

I have one and it works grand .... range is about 10 feet though.

As in my post, this is what I have adn paid the pleasure of €69 for! 10 feet sounds very little! That would mean both PC and laptop would need to be in the same room?

When you say 1 PC do you mean other devices must be laptops? Does the PC need wireless if the Mi-Fi is connected to it? Or should the laptop be able to pcik up on ists wireless? I can get PC and laptop to work individually but not together!

Yes must be a laptop or nitebook with wireless. PC doesnt need wireless as the 3G Modem will be your Wireless connection, this will NOT stop any laptops connecting ONCE you type in the security code which is found inside the back of the 3G Modem (lift out the battery and its written there)