Can I get a Capital Gains CG1 Form for 2020 year?

SPC100

I am doing a CG payment, and I would like to submit my form at the same time.

I only see a form for the 2019 year online.

I am tempted to use the 2019 form, and replace the year eveywhere! But that is probably not a good idea!

I don't think you can file a return for 2020 until Jan 1st 2021 at earliest

Can you pay Capital Gains Tax online on ros, same as self assessed tax? I have completed form 11 for 2019 and paid online. I cannot see how to pay 2020 CGT online. Any help appreciated

It's on the main page. Submit a Payment -> Tax Payment/Declaration -> Capital Gains Tax

I am doing a CG payment, and I would like to submit my form at the same time.

I only see a form for the 2019 year online.

I am tempted to use the 2019 form, and replace the year eveywhere! But that is probably not a good idea!

I'm late to this one, I found this thread on a Google search looking for the same thing.

Just wanted to say that last year that's exactly what I did, I downloaded the 2018 CG1 Form, crossed out 2018 and wrote 2019 and posted it in. It was accepted without issue and I received confirmation about a month later by letter to say everything was accepted

I'm late to this one, I found this thread on a Google search looking for the same thing.

Just wanted to say that last year that's exactly what I did, I downloaded the 2018 CG1 Form, crossed out 2018 and wrote 2019 and posted it in. It was accepted without issue and I received confirmation about a month later by letter to say everything was accepted

Did you get a CGT Notice of Assessment?

Maybe I will try that next time. It's a pain as now I have to context switch and get all the numbers and fill them in. It will take more time rather than doing it in one shot.

Money man, when did you submit for 2019 using the 2018 form?

I decided to make my own.

I downloaded the 2019 one, and a trial pdf editor and used search and replace to change 2019 into 2020. I updated the title, and form version also, so it would be clear that the form was edited. I have side by side checked it against the 2019 one and it looks good to me.

FWIW, The metadata on the 2019 one, implies it was only created on March-24th 2020!

Here is my version of the 2020 Form!

Attachments

• cg1-2020.pdf
    199.7 KB · Views: 1,128
My experience in the past is that the form becomes available to download around the end of March each year, probably no rush to make it available since it does not have to be filed until the end of October.

It worked. I sent my return using my 'vandalised' form above, and revenue accepted and issued confirmation that it was for year 2020.

Revenue site still has the 2019 form on it.

It worked. I sent my return using my 'vandalised' form above, and revenue accepted and issued confirmation that it was for year 2020.

Revenue site still has the 2019 form on it.
Hi, last year I submitted for the first time my CG1 form, but I didn't receive any confirmation/reply, is that normal ?
I sent it in hard copy to the postal address of what - according to the search facility on Revenue.ie - is my Revenue Office, which strangely is in Cork while I reside in Dublin.
Did you also send it in hard copy to your Revenue Office ?
Or could it be send it as an attachment through the Enquiries facility in MyAccount ?

I posted mine, and got postal reply. I don't know what is normal.

You could send a myenquiry to confirm that received it?

Hi, last year I submitted for the first time my CG1 form, but I didn't receive any confirmation/reply, is that normal ?
I sent it in hard copy to the postal address of what - according to the search facility on Revenue.ie - is my Revenue Office, which strangely is in Cork while I reside in Dublin.
Did you also send it in hard copy to your Revenue Office ?
Or could it be send it as an attachment through the Enquiries facility in MyAccount ?

You should have received something when it was processed. If you signed up for e notifications then it's in your Revenue my account. You can log in and check. The easiest way to deal with it is to scan a copy of the return and send it as an attachment via MyEnquiries.

Note, where you live has nothing to do with where your Revenue affairs are dealt with.

You should have received something when it was processed. If you signed up for e notifications then it's in your Revenue my account. You can log in and check. The easiest way to deal with it is to scan a copy of the return and send it as an attachment via MyEnquiries.

Note, where you live has nothing to do with where your Revenue affairs are dealt with.
Hi, thanks for the replies.
The Revenue said that they had received it, but for some reason it never got processed.
Now it's been processed, and 10 days ago I received the notification of assessment showing my half of the losses to carry forward (my wife and I are jointly assessed and jointly own a Degiro account).
However, we didn't receive another notification for my wife.
I called them again and they said that they would send it over, but what I have received this morning is an amended notification again addresses to me (not to my wife) where they have lumped to together my half and my wife's half of the losses to carry forward.
I wonder if that is ok or they messed up?

Back