Can I block access to selected websites

Kiddo

Is it possible to block access to selected websites from my P.C & if so how do I do it?

If you are using firefox there seems to be an options where you can block specific sites. Internet Explorer seems to have a similar option

Follow the menu path TOOLS > INTERNET OPTIONS > CONTENT > Content Advisor > ENABLE > APPROVED SITES.

Haven't tried this so don't know how robust it is e.g. don't know if you block www.somesite.com whether www.somesite.com/blah would be blocked.

If you're using IE, you can block individual websites from placing cookies on your PC, which in many cases will have the effect of blocking access to the website altogether (if it's a site like Bebo, which relies on cookies/logins):

To customize your privacy settings for an individual Web site
  1. In Internet Explorer, on the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
  2. Click the Privacy tab, and then click Sites.
  3. In Address of Web site, type the complete address of the Web site for which you want to specify custom settings. For example, http://www.microsoft.com
  4. To specify that you want Internet Explorer to always allow cookies from the specified Web site to be saved on your computer, click Allow. To specify that you want Internet Explorer to never allow cookies from the specified Web site to be saved on your computer, click Block.

Back