Can I alter my Ryanair "airport check-in" to "on-line check-in"

sam h

Does anyone know if Ryanair will allow you to cancel checking in a bag and doing an airport check-in to on-line check-in AND refund the amount?

I'm guessing no, but I can't get through on the phone number.

Re: Can I alter my Ryanir "airport check-in" to "on-line check-in"

Basically you cannot get a refund for anything from Ryanair. If you do, you will find that adminstrative costs gobble up all you were due.
On the Ryanair Confirmation sheet you will see the section at the end on Important Information which states : "All fares, airport taxes/fees and charges are non-refundable".
Having flown them for 10 + years, its often cheaper to buy a new ticket than try to change an existing one.

HTH

But - is it possible to change ones mind and opt for 'on-line' check-in even when one has paid for check in at airport?

My mum has booked a ticket with airport check-in, but would now like to check-in online. She is not bothered by the 'no refund' issue, she would just like to check-in on-line.

She has tried to do that, but she received an error message saying that she cannot check-in on-line because she has bought the airport check-in.

Does anyone have any suggestions? How can she avoid airport check-in now?

Last edited:
I just found out what is required to change from 'airport check-in' to 'on-line check-in':

a frustrating series of calls to the Ryanair 'Reservation Centre', where employees make you call back at least 4 times (@ E.1.75 per minute) and try to keep you on the phone as long as possible. I must have spent 20/30 Euros this morning to change from 'airport' to 'on-line' check-in.

I will also send a fax to the 'Complaints Centre' in Ireland to let them know that I am not happy with Ryanair reservation centre's way of dealing with their customers.

Hope people on the forum will find the information useful.

I will also send a fax to the 'Complaints Centre' in Ireland to let them know that I am not happy with Ryanair reservation centre's way of dealing with their customers.

That will come as a great surprise to them. Such a surprise that they will be rendered speechless, and they will be unable to reply. Please understand their difficulty.

Ok, ok... I get it.
But I still think that I should complain - if no-one complains, then how do they know I am not happy?

Back