Can Bmi check through luggage?

macnas

I will be using 2 BMI flights and have 2 separate tickets. The flight is DUB-LHR and LHR-onward. All transfers in Terminal 1` so 2.5 hours should be plenty?

Can I send my luggage through? It would speed up connections in LHR if this was possible.

Can I get 2 boarding passes in Dublin. This also would help.

Re: Can Bmi check thriugh luggage?

The airline can say no to you, as you have two separate tickets. Note, if you arrive late in LHR, BMI can refuse to honour your onward ticket, as it is bought separately.

There is usually a charge for interlining (for the convenience of having your luggage through checked, onward boarding passes, and a guarantee of getting your onward flight or the next best alternative).

Still, it doesn't hurt to ask at check-in in Dublin!

Re: Can Bmi check thriugh luggage?

Have to agree, BMI have a policy that unless you had it all under the one booking, you have to collect your luggage at Heathrow and recheck it in. My brother was screwed for this when he flew from Belfast City last year; luckily the time between flights was 3 hours and he was well within time.

To be honest it is the much safer option. At the moment something like 20% of transfer bags don't make the connection in LHR. As you are walking by the baggage belt anyway I reckon it is always best to transfer them yourself (at least on the way out). You will only have to walk about 200 yards to the BMI check in from there.

I take it you spotted the odd thing with BMI. Booking via Heathrow from Dublin is often way more expensive than two individual trips from the same website. This also applies to third party sites like Gohop.ie, Expedia etc. Always worth de-coupling the trip to see the difference.