Can anyone recommend accommodation in St Anton, Austria.

R

r2d2

Hi All,

Had intended to go skiing in late Feb but have to hastily re-organise. Only dates we can go now are pretty much Friday 25th Jan - Thursday 31st of Jan. I'm looking at flying to Zurich and getting the train up to St Anton (haven't done a DIY before but seems our only choice now)...I've searched previous posts and this seems to be a good option.

Can anyone suggest accomodation in St Anton and offer any advice as to whether we'd be likely to have difficulty based on the dates (where location might book sat-sat- or sun-sun)...

Thanks,

r2d2

Re: Can anyone recommend accomodation in St Anton

I can't recommend accomodation because I selpt on the floor of my sisters room (she worked there for the season) for the week I was there but it was one of the best resorts I have ever been too. Both skiing/boarding and night life wise.

bast@rdo!

Do a google search and you are well on your way to actually doing the work yourself... Shouldn't be overly busy at that time. What's the snow like this year?

Go to and work your way down from the #1 recommended accommodation in the resort. Don't just go for #1, since obviously it could be full, it could have loaded the reviews itself, it could have slipped in standards since the reviews were written, etc . . .

[broken link removed] is also a good place for reviews.

z

What's the snow like this year?

Pretty good, all 85 lifts open and it snowed again today....

Might now have an option for end of Feb. but it would be midweek so advice re; Tripadvisor will be useful thanks !

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Can anyone recommend accommodation in St Anton

Hi r2d2,
I stayed in the Schwarzer Adler hotel in St. Anton a few years back and it was great. The hotel has been around since 1570! You dont mention your budget. They also have apartments across the street which are a cheaper option and you still get to have breakfast in the hotel and use their facilities. The price we paid included the weeks ski pass so it worked out very good and it's also only a few minutes from the ski slopes.

Here is a link for you.

http://schwarzeradler.com/

Best of luck,
JT.

Hi r2d2,

If you let me know where in the world St Anton is I'll edit the title.

aj

Hi r2d2,

If you let me know where in the world St Anton is I'll edit the title.

aj

Hi aj,

It's in Austria but I reckoned if anybody didn't know that, they'd hardly be able to advise on accomodation there!?

r2d2

Thanks jt, I've emailed them with our requirements!

Cheers,

r2d2