Can anyone recommend a cruise?

skint

Looking to book a cruise for June of next year... Mediterranean cruise Maybe with France, Spain, Italy, Greece etc... Love to go Egypt but too expensive and too long (10-12 night) We only want to go 7 nights. Anyone recommend any? At the moment it's looking like will will be going with royal Caribbean as they all most well known and recommended but id love to hear about other cruises people have been on. We are hoping to fly from Dublin to somewhere not to far i.e Spain,Italy ...

Just returned from 7 nights royal caribbean cruise around the western
caribbean.Definately recommend

Oh and can you tell me if you get to see the place you fly to... Example if your flying to and back from Malaga do you actually have time to see Malaga at all or are you straight on the ship?

Haiti,Jamaica,Grand Cayman and Mexico.Docked each morning about 8 and departed around 5 that evening.Lots of excursions available at destinations for a charge but would need more time to fully experience stop off.Suggest a couple of nights pre or post cruise to appreciate departure port.

Oh and can you tell me if you get to see the place you fly to... Example if your flying to and back from Malaga do you actually have time to see Malaga at all or are you straight on the ship?

Skint,

Easiest way is to fly out a day or 2 before the cruise if you want to see the place you are cruising from. I flew into Malaga last year for a cruise on the day of the departure and went straight to the cruise terminal and stayed on the ship for the day until it departed. The cruise company do organise excursions for people on late flights on the day that you leave the ship.

You should check out the forums such as http://www.cruisecritic.com there is a lot of helpful information on there.

I have recently started booking cruises through a UK site which I find cheaper then the Irish agents. I have used http://www.cruise.co.uk in the past to find last minute deals.

Thank you all for your information... I have book with Royal Caribbean for next year. Starting in Malaga so hoping ill get a late flight home so i have some time to spend in Malaga as staying an extra night isn't an option Flight details aren't in yet so wont know till they are.

Hi Skint,

I´ve been on many cruises with Royal Caribbean and I´m sure you will enjoy it. One thing to keep in mind is that you will be disembarked off the ship quite early in the morning, so if you dont have a trip booked through Royal Caribbean, you will have to carry your luggage around for the day and some of the excursion companies which organise trips will charge you for your luggage. Just something to be aware of.

We'll i booked the Flights and all as a package with royal Caribbean so this shouldn't be a problem hopefully.

Hi Skint, I it's your first cruise you will love it. I am just back from a RC cruise from Malaga and it was terrific. It was my first cruise and we loved it. Went to Cagliari(Sardinia), Rome(Civitavecchia), Corsica (Ajaccio) and Palma Majorca.Loved the ship but really enjoyed the stops. Did not book any RC excursions as they are a rip off. If you require any info let me know. Slim

Oh lovely. Did you get much time 2 spend at your starting port or were you straight on the ship? My start place is Barcelona and I'm afraid i wont get to see much of it. What ship were you on? I'm going on liberty of the seas

Also when you stop in Rome would you have enough time to see the Vatican city and the Colosseum with out doing the RC excursions? I think there prices are very expensive for these.

Also when you stop in Rome would you have enough time to see the Vatican city and the Colosseum with out doing the RC excursions? I think there prices are very expensive for these.

Hi Skint. The price of the excursions with the cruise companies is expensive but you trade this off with the peace of mind that they wont leave without you when you are on an excusion which has been oganised with them.

When visiting Rome you need to factor in that you are about 60-90 mins depending on traffic fom Rome itself. The port of Civitavecchia does have quite a good train sevice and has about 3 trains an hour into Rome and this takes about 80 mins. We visited the vatican before ourselves and made it back in plenty of time on the train.

Yeah to be honest i was thinking of just doing the excursion for Rome as there is alot to see and as you say its a fair distance away from the port... although i don't think it goes into the Vatican city just passes by it... But I still think its the best option.

For Rome it's best to get the train. You will be there before the ships excursion if there is traffic.

It stops a 5 minute walk from the Vatican.

ok and how far then is the vatican from the colosseum? would we have time to do the two?

ok and how far then is the vatican from the colosseum? would we have time to do the two?

If I remember correctly its was about 30-35 mins walk. You pass by the Trevi fountain and the Spanish steps so the walk is highly recommended. There are some of those hop on hop off buses I think that you can get that travel between the vatican & the Colosseum too.

Hmmm that sounds grand then rather than doing the tour...It's all a bit confussing at the moment with the dress codes for tours and all the different tours and the formal nights and informal nights etc...At least ive plenty of time to check it all out