Can an Ipod be connected to another system?

C

Chord of Souls

Been looking at these Ipod chappies and like the fact that you can record vast quantities of music onto them. Also like the ability to download individual songs legally for a price off their website. (This may all be old hat to you techno-gurus, but bear with an old fuddy-duddy who's barely keeping up.)

Anyone know if they have a facility to plug into a larger system, e.g. download songs from web and then play them back via Ipod through home hi-fi? Equally, is it possible to arrange a connection whereby one's Ipod could be plugged into the car stereo? It would make my beloved in-car 6 CD changer pale into insignificance.

Anyone know if they have a facility to plug into a larger system, e.g. download songs from web and then play them back via Ipod through home hi-fi?

Depends on your home Hi-Fi. If it has an audio in or microphone port, then you'll be able to get a cable that will link your iPod with the stereo.

Equally, is it possible to arrange a connection whereby one's Ipod could be plugged into the car stereo?

I'm using a tape adapter, which works pretty well. Quality isn't the best, but I don't drive that much. For both your questions there is the possibility to get a device called iTrip ([broken link removed] It isn't legal in Ireland but I think most Gardai won't recognize one if they saw it. It basically transmits the songs via radio wave and can be picked up by any type of radio. Have heard some good reviews. You'd probably have to order it in the UK or US.

Equally, is it possible to arrange a connection whereby one's Ipod could be plugged into the car stereo?

might be of interest to you.

Back