Can a limited company give a gift to non employee

Designjet

Hi guys, can a limited company give a gift of 3k to a non employee..what are the tax implications??

The purpose of the gift is to help out a friend to pay tuition fee for an educational course

???

That €3k gift is for personal gifts, like from a parent to a child (or anyone in fact). It doesn't apply to limited companies. Your company can't give someone €3k

what about, say, "sponsorship"?

If you put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig.

An auditor would look at the purpose of the "Sponsorship". If it's only open to one, unconnected person who just happens to be a friend of the company owner, they'd see right through it. So would the revenue.

There are gift tax provisions which deem gifts from corporates to be gifts from their shareholder(s).

So €100k from Gekko Limited to Brendan Burgess is deemed to be a €100k gift from Gordon Gekko.

There are gift tax provisions which deem gifts from corporates to be gifts from their shareholder(s).

So €100k from Gekko Limited to Brendan Burgess is deemed to be a €100k gift from Gordon Gekko.

So my company can gift my kids €3,000 a year and it's deemed to come from me? And is therefore a tax free gift?!!

Back