Can a child sue others child’s parent for assault by their little darling?

Can you provide validated data which includes the gender of the perpetrator?

Even the CSO adds caveats to the Garda Pulse data it reports.
Women are 5 times more likely to be s_xually assaulted than men.
They are 10 times more likely to me raped.
Men do all the raping; it is not possible under law for a woman to rape a man. (That means that if a sober man has sex with a drunk woman he can be raping her but if a sober woman has sex with aa drunk man she is not raping him.)

In a heterosexual relationship 60% of domestic violence is men on women, 40% is women on men, but men are far more likely to kill their partner. Women in a same sex relationship are at the greatest risk of domestic violence.

Men are 1.5 times more likely to be victims of violent crime than women in Ireland.

Source for Irish stats here.

Reactions: Leo
Source for Irish stats here.
You need to include the caveat

"These statistics are categorised as Under Reservation. This categorisation indicates that the quality of these statistics do not meet the standards required of official statistics published by the CSO".

You need to include the caveat

"These statistics are categorised as Under Reservation. This categorisation indicates that the quality of these statistics do not meet the standards required of official statistics published by the CSO".
There are plenty of global statistics which show similar figures.
I'm just offering some statistics to back up an earlier post.
I'm certainly not suggesting that sexual violence is not massively more of an issue for women than men, and when it is an issue for men it's nearly always other men perpetrating the abuse, but the gender divide in the broader discussion about domestic abuse is certainly less strikingly obvious.

Can you provide validated data which includes the gender of the perpetrator?

Even the CSO adds caveats to the Garda Pulse data it reports.

No, I was only commenting on victims and I'd be against any suggestion that male victims of abuse are any less deserving of compassion just because the perpetrators were also male.

The subject here is assault, and men make up ~60% of the victims of attempts/threats to murder, assaults, harassments and related offences.
Actually, the digression was in relation to an anecdote where a women / girl wishing to join self defence classes was told to learn how to run fast.

Generalisation coming up, sit tight folks.

Women spend far too much time already constantly assessing threats and back up plans to get out of danger.

I don't understand how anyone could find the anecdote funny; or even believe that it's "good advice" women need to hear.

Women spend far too much time already constantly assessing threats and back up plans to get out of danger.
I agree completely. It is disgraceful that women should have to feel that way.
I don't understand how anyone could find the anecdote funny; or even believe that it's "good advice" women need to hear.
I think it’s good advice for anyone, no matter what their gender/ gender identity etc. It is better to run away that get into a situation of physical conflict. If the physical conflict is unavoidable then pepper spray it better than 12 months of self defence classes. The reality is that most of us are averse to violence so we won’t strike first. If you are punched hard in the nose or stabbed in the chest it won’t matter how many self defence classes you’ve had, you’ve already lost.

Ongoing bullying issue. Have finally caught them on cctv assaulting my son - can we go after the parents for compensation for my son.
Don’t even care about the money - we’ll give it away. Sick of dealing with parents who don’t give a damn what their kids do and guards who have to give them 47 chances!
Hello, sorry to hear that your son is being bullied. An awful situation for any child. Your son in strong, this group when broken down are a group of week individuals scared. Some are born bad, come from bad families and grow up just like thier siblings and parents. Some are a product of their environment. Some are going along with the group gang mentality, yet if they were on their own they would not do this. When their within the group/gang they cant be seen to show empathy or compassion or they too may become the victim. Its out of fear these groups/gangs are form. You have a loads of scared individuals grouping together for protection, no one individual tell the other but thats why a group is formed. Withing the group you have different personalities, when something kickes off one or 2 start to bully your son its the mob mentality to join in and kick punch etc. Id be hoping that deep down the majority of the group have some good in them and step in at some stage.
My advice is to bring your son to local boxing club. The 1st time he will be scared as any child will be. The next few weeks he will make friends, grow in confidence and learn to defend himself not just physically but most importantly Mentally. I joined a boxing club because i was bullied in school. I boxed for over 10years and never once did i raise a fist outside of the boxing club.
He wont regret it.

I think it’s good advice for anyone, no matter what their gender/ gender identity etc.
Without any doubt whatsoever it is good sound advice.
Try your best to avoid any physical confrontation at all time, this is also taught in any decent self defence school.

Back