Campsite within 1-hr drive of Marseilles

Happy Girl

Would welcome any recommendations for campsites that would meet the following criteria:
- Within one hour drive of Marseilles
- Close to beach
- Caravan park with chalet/apartment rental on site

We stayed in the Holiday Green in Frejus...prob just more than an hour away and we flew in/out of Nice.

Many thanks tosullivan. Any other campsite recommendations within walking distance to Frejus would be appreciated.

there are probably other sites closer to Frejus and within walking distance but I dont think they were as good as Holiday Green. I researched nearly all the sites in the Cote dazur before we booked and HG came out on top all the time.

I think the quality of sites in that area are not a patch on others in France though

Have looked at holiday green in Frejus but as you say not within walking distance of town itself and also does not appear to have apartment/chalet type accommodation. I suppose I am putting the cart before the horse here. Maybe I need to settle on my location first and then go about looking at campsites within that area. Basically we are looking for some medium sized town (something similar to St. Jean De Monts where we stayed last year) with a little bit of activity in the evening that we can stroll into. Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

Thanks Grizzly. Have googled Aix and it looks absolustely beautiful but is considerably bigger than St. Jean de Monts population wise (Aix 140k approx, SJeanDMont 8k). Was looking for somewhere a little more laid back than a city but still with a bit of activity to stroll into in the evenings. Will also be hiring a car and dont want the stress of negotiating a city traffic wise every day.