Campsite, Spain, early July: some questions

S

seven stars

Hi,

We're about to book two weeks at the start of July at a campsite in the Costa Brava (El Delfin Verde), but we're not sure what sort of accommodation to go for. If anyone has any experience of this site or anything similar, I'd really appreciate the info. We've never been on a holiday like this before. We have three children aged 8, 6, and 2. What we'd love to know is:

- Is air conditioning a must at that time of year?

- Do some mobile homes at these sites come with a/c? And are some operators renowned for either always offering or never offering a/c in their mobiles?

- Do some operators tend to have their accommodation further out within these camps, or is it all pot luck? I think the site in question is massive, so we don't want every day to become an expedition just to go to the pool!

Any help would be appreciated. We're currently looking at booking an apartment directly with the camp, or a mobile with Siblu (or another operator).

cheers

Haven't done camping in Spain, but have on several occasions in the south of france. If going with a mobile home, then I would say air con is a must, some of the operators may not have air con in all their homes, you need to check. It will be clear on the brochure as to its availability. Usually the tour operators have their mobiles spread out throughout the site, and I know from experience that the operators don't always have the best possible pitches. Try booking with the site directly or do a search for privately owned mobiles on the site, these are often better mobiles in better locations, and sometimes at a much better rate than the operators.

Hope this is of some help

Deli

Seven Star,

take a look at www.cambrilspark.es - its near (but not too near) Salou - Ryanair fly into Reus (20 mins away) - campsite does mobile hoomes or we always go for log cabins (airconditioned and yes you will need it in July) - your kids are the perfect age for Porta Ventura which is a Universal Studios fun park - again its 20 mins away by car

We've done this holiday for the last 7 years and are going again this year - you won't go anywhere else after heading here - its a five star site (I'd even give it a six star)

Spfeno

Great stuff lads, thanks for the info. Sounds like we need to get a/c as a priority. I'll be looking into Cambrils Park spfeno - cheers.

Back