Campaign to save the Patton Flyer

Brendan Burgess

Founder
[broken link removed]

This was discussed last year on Askaboutmoney

The Department claims that Aircoach had applied for a license before The Patton Flyer had. This sort of problem could be avoided if the Department of Transport decided on applications promptly.

Brendan

Bejaypers,

Our relations use it when they come over from London occassionally and I know students from aboad in the Dun laoghaire area all use it [once they know about it] I'd be sorry to see a private service like this go - and why can't we have two anyway?

I know one architect used to say that all the established shopping centres used to be protected businesses because of the way the planning acts required you to prove a need for the centre before they would grant you permission for the new one.

This effectively meant that competition for goods and services was very limited and this affected the consumer significantly. In and around Glenageary, even today, you'll see little signs of a huge lack of competition and proximity, like say a packet of chocolate hob-nobs for €3.00 in one outlet and €1.70 in another.

The same logic surely applies to bus services to the airport.

FWIW

ONQ.

Back