Cameras on traffic lights

sarahfleming

I just noticed what looks to be a small camera peeping out over the top of a set of traffic lights. Is it just speeding fines that come from these or is there more and has anyone reading this ever got caught...what were the penalties??

Cameras at junctions & traffic lights are likely to be traffic management control rather than speeding - have a look [broken link removed] at the Dublin City website.

I just noticed what looks to be a small camera peeping out over the top of a set of traffic lights. Is it just speeding fines that come from these or is there more and has anyone reading this ever got caught...what were the penalties??

As far as I know these are cameras to monitor traffic flow at junctions. Nothing to do with speeding etc.

Are you sure that it's not a sensor for the system that allows some Dublin Bus routes to get priority at some sets of traffic lights? This system was rolled out years ago. I presume that it's still working?

Most of them are just sensors which detect your vehicle and alters the signal sequence.