Camcorder With Tape - Any Good Sites/Software

BobbyFowler

Just got myself a Sony Tape Camcorder. Messing around with it at the moment with the Sony Software. Adding music to some pretty crappy footage & all that. Are there good sites with tips for using this type of stuff or can anyone recommend free software out there worth using?

Replying to my own thread - looks like I've got Windows Movie Maker on my PC - I'll give that a go (seems like it's got everything I need to start off)

I second both those recommendations (or try ProShow as an alternative to Movie Maker, although it's not so much better as to warrant paying for it).

Editing an hour of careless footage into 10 truly watchable minutes is something of an art in its own right, and one which no fancy software will ever replace. But practice makes (almost) perfect, and IMHO all the fun lies in the journey, not the final destination...

The Windows Movie Maker worked well. Got 45 minutes down to 7 minutes with some decent background music. Just noticed that I've got Adobe Premiere Elements on my laptop. Looks like a jazzed up version of Windows Movie Maker. Can I convert my Movie Maker Files to .prel files? When I use Movie Maker it recognises the Camcorder attached & converts the tape format. Premiere Elements doesn't seem to recognise the camcorder & doesn't play the Movie Maker File. Any advice?