Camcorder Problem (tech guru needed)

edadam

Hi,

I am having trouble trying to download video from my new Canon MVX330i to my Windows XP PC. I have purchased an e-magic card reader and a firewire cable (from komplett). I installed the card reader and connected the camcorder to the PC but no luck. I have tried both Windows Moviemaker and the Canon Video software but they do not pick up the camcorder. On this camcorder you can take digital photos as well and download them to the PC. This is down via the USB cable on the card reader and this works fine. I'm a little confused about the card reader and I'm not convinced I have it setup OK. The card is not a PCI card. The card is fitted below the CD player and is connected to the PC via a cable (it looks like a 25 pin serial cable). One end connects card reader and the other end has 3 cables coming out of it one for audio, one a usb cable and the other a firewire cable. I have connected the usb cable to the onboard usb (as I assume this is how it's connected to the PC). As I said I have connected the camcorder camera to the PC via the USB on the card reader and this works but when I connect the camcorder video to the PC no joy. I have probably made an This post will be deleted if not edited to remove bad language of describing this but if anyone has any tips/suggestions I would appreciate it.

Cheers.

Is this "card" inserted into a 5.25" drive bay like a cd or dvd drive?

where did you connect the firewire cable - internally in the pc?

Edadam,
Download the trial version of Pinnacle Studio 9 which is very user friendly and give it a go.
Regards,
qwerty

sorry Edamam to go off on a slight tangent.

Qwerty
What\how much can you do with the trial version

Back