Calling all plumbers - advice needed on plumbing dishwasher.

September18

Hi all,
I want to install a dishwasher, beside an existing washing machine in a kitchen. What I want to know is ,
-- is it alright to connect up a 'y' connection to the cold water supply? And if so will this effect the water pressure and the appliances if I have the two of them on together?
--Underneath the sink there is a waste pipe in the shape of a 'Y'. One side has a blank and another feeds the waste pipe coming from the washing machine the other obviously goes to the drain. My question is ,.. Can I connect up the waste from the new dishwasher to the blank side (taking into concideration that I remove the blank of course)
Thank you:rolleyes:

-- is it alright to connect up a 'y' connection to the cold water supply? And if so will this effect the water pressure and the appliances if I have the two of them on together?

Yes, you can. There should be no problems having both of them on together, they may take a little longer to fill if both are drawing water at the same time.

Can I connect up the waste from the new dishwasher to the blank side (taking into concideration that I remove the blank of course)

Yes, that's what it's there for.
Leo

Back