Caller ID now private

bond-007

I noticed the other day that my caller ID is now showing private. I have never been a private number (I am ex directory, but showing caller ID). Why would it suddenly go private after 4 years and how do I fix it?

I am ex directory and have always appeared as private number when calling friends/family etc. Maybe they hadn't taken you out as ex directory on the system and have only just discovered it.

Did you switch providers? Isn't there a prefix that you can dial to divulge (or is it suppress?) your number on outgoing calls? Perhaps you could test this out to see if it allows your number to be viewed by the caller? Otherwise get onto your service provider and ask them what the story is.

The only thing I did was I had ISDN removed last week. I have not changed provider. Dialing 142 will release the number to the called party. AFAIK there is an option to be ex directory and have visible caller ID.

Our number which isn't ex directory was showing up as private number, we rang the service provider and it turned out there was a problem with their system and all numbers were gone private, it was fixed after a month I think..

from eircom.ie
If your number is ex-directory or unlisted and you wish your number to be displayed when making a call, dial 142 before the number you are calling.

If your number is ex-directory or unlisted and you wish your number to be displayed when making a call, dial 142 before the number you are calling.
Can I not have it on as default like it was before?