Call Center Outsourcing

BurritoQueen

Does anyone have general costs on hiring a 'call centre' to manage incoming tech-based customer service calls and information only calls?I'm wondering if it would be more cost effective to hire (& train) 2-3 full time staff or hire a local call center Mon-Sat 09h00 -19h00? Currently in the start-up stage and receiving 20-30 calls per day now.

If you are interested I can give you an insight into what this would cost of done from the Philippines (Irish company, Filipino back-office). I also know the pros and cons of doing it this way.

Generally you could be talking about approx €200 a month. This would definitely be cheaper than hiring and training people. Not sure about the Saturday service as the only co. I know of only did it Mon - Fri. Def shop around tho because from what I remember there is a big diff in price.

Burrito, the offshore pricing would greatly depend on the levels of technical competence. Assuming that you need a full-time team of 3 support staff, at the lower end (non technical) you could have that for Euro 2500ish / month. For highly technical support (e.g. ability to sys admin computers, look into Oracle databases, etc.) you are probably looking at a multiple of this (3 times?). This is still good value, by the way. Try to manage a small team of support staff operating 60 hours a week in Ireland .....

aircobra19
big difference in quality I'm sure too.

Depends on what the person is looking for. A big impersonal call centre where the customers get different people each time they call (which I find really annoying) or a small outfit that is more intimate.

Sometimes the bigger the call centre the more expensive.

Personally I'd go with the company which is smaller and where there is a tighter rein on information that is coming in and going out and the customers business means more to that smaller co. as often the owner has a more hands on approach and wants / needs the business. This is from my experience anyway.

Back