Cabra

S

Snag

Hi There,
Does anyone know about the Cabra area in Dublin. I am looking at Broomsbridge Rd., Ventry Rd. and surrounding area. I have walked the area but do not know very much about it.
If anyone has any knowledge of the area I would really appreciate it.
Thanks

I recently moved to the Cabra area (7 months ago) and I really like it.The street I am in off the Faussagh Ave is very quiet, I can walk to work and I have a lovely big back garden.I don't know the Broombridge road that well, but loads of extra trains stop there now so it could be handy if you needed to get to connolly.I was originally looking to move closer to city and would have opted for a tiny yard instead of a big garden, 7 months later I am so glad I didn't !

I bought a house in Cabra about 18 months ago, nearer the phibsboro end and really like the area. I live on a quiet road, neighbours are great, a good mix of older residents who have lived there years and newer couples moving in recently. Theres lots of local shops and its only a 35 minute walk to town!

I'd shy away from the railway station end. It's not great up that way and there's always gangs of yunfellas hanging around the bridge up there.

Saying that, I don't live there, but I drive home that way every day and have been around there late at night a lot.

Best of luck with your house search :)

I live nearby....great area, great people....really good sense of community around the place! In saying that - the Broombridge railway station is not somewhere to be alone - but being honest....I think its just there thats dodgy- rest of the area is fine......Good luck with search!

I dont know the exact area you are talking about but I really like the Cabra/Stonybatter area. I had an offer in on an apartment there a while back before purchasing elsewhere. I think theres real charachter to the area

I just want to say thanks a million for all your responses, its great to put my mind to rest. Hopefully everything else will be as easy!!
Thanks again,
Snag

Back