CA24 form advice needed

thelad77

i,m filling in the the ca24 form for the revenue ,
i,m not using a solicitor for probate , it says a name and adress of beneficiarys ,
i have 1 sister living in ireland,
2 sisters live in different countrys, outside the eu IS it ok if i leave out the PPSN blank for the 2 sisters,
ppsn ,s are not used in the countrys they live in.
eg i,ll put in the name and adress for each sister.
the estate is maybe 14k-19k ,
i,m not sure of the exact figure at the moment.
i have to go to aib and the post office to check if my brother had any old deposit accounts there .
i,ll be filling in the form for the revenue and then ill go to the probate office

Very difficult to read your post.

If you want to do probate yourself, you need to be prepared to be very careful and precise.

The probate office is not obliged to accept a DIY probate application, and can direct you to engage a solicitor.

Depending on the size and nature of the estate, you may not need to apply for probate.

To answer your question re PPS numbers, of course you can leave it blank if you want to, but the form will just be returned to you.

Your siblings need to apply for a PPS number, you'll find the forms online.

If the siblings inheritances under the will are below €16,750 each why would they need PPSNs?

[broken link removed]

The cranky part of me wants to say RTFM. However to answer the question, the threshold applies to all inheritances not just this one.

Last edited:
Does everyone have a ppsn no, is this the same as a ppn no,on your payslip and tax forms , p60 ,tax return etc
eg my sisters have worked for the last 10 years .
i,ll just leave the space blank , since the 2 sisters abroad have no ppsn no ,
each person will 2-3k from the estate .
since the amount each person will get is less than 18k , i think i can just leave out the ppsn no,s .
i have read the guide to filling out ca24 for the revenue , tax office.
do i go to the tax office first,
or go to the probate office first .
i will be downloading and filling out the forms from the revenue , and the probate office before i do anything .

[broken link removed]

Part 8 of the CA24 form states "Summary of Benefits: Include all current benefits exceeding €16,750"

The guide states "In this section you will enter details of beneficiaries that will receive inheritances greater than €16,750"

So calculate how much everyone is getting. You are not required to enter any details for anyone getting less than €16,750. If your non-resident sisters are getting more than €16,750 then they (or you on their behalf) will have to apply for PPSNs which will then go into this section of the form.

I went to the bank,
since the estate is less than 25k,
they are willing to deal with me to close down the account.
i do not have the bank book ,
i have my brother,s id.
passport.i know how much is in the book .
i do not know if i will have to go to the probate office.
if i fill in the form they may just transfer the money to my sisters bank account ,
each sister would get around 3k
i,ll fill in the bank form and see what reply i get from the bank ,
i understand i might have to go for probate in order for the bank to close down the account
and transfer funds to my sisters .

While the CA24 form itself and the CA25 guide both state that you should not included the details of beneficiaries who receive an inheritance of less than €16,750 in Part 8, this still seemed a bit unusual to me as a beneficiary may have received a previous inheritance in the same group.

Did a bit more checking and found this section in this book

[broken link removed]

which also confirm that the current CA24 only requires these details when the current benefit exceeds €16,750 regardless of aggregable prior benefits.
Wills, Probate & Estates 6.9.8.jpg

Back