c25k: beginners running training program "from couch to 5K"

F

Flower

Hi all,
Am thinking of starting on the C25K program, as I really would like to get fit and need a plan to stick to.
Has anyone any advice on this? Would it be better to do this with a group / individually?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I did this....it is a good way to get fit.......I think it would be better to do individually. I used Robert Ullrey's podcasts, but on the C25K forums there are other music options for download too.

You will also get a better response if you explain that you mean a beginners running training program "from couch to 5K".

Loads of people I know have done is successfully, most individually. Whether you need or want a group to get motivated is very personal.

You wil lfind loads of discussions on this, on the Athletics / Running / Triathathlon page on boards.ie

Thanks for the link JJ1982, its just what I needed!

Morning exercise sounds like the best option ... especially at the moment.

Thanks for the link JJ1982, its just what I needed!

Morning exercise sounds like the best option ... especially at the moment.

Its so nice and fresh in the mornings now its good to see it and not only on your drive to work!! C25K is great, get ready for a few aches and pains and you will see lots of advice on thats thread i posted about getting proper runners to protect your legs, shins and hips!

Good luck!