Buying whitegoods in NI - savings?

mummol

We need/want an integrated fridge freezer, integrated dishwasher and a rangemaster cooker. Interested in good quality, reputable branded A rated machines.

Trying to convince dh that going to Newry might be an option to save a few shekels. Has anyone else tried? Would love to hear of any reccs or exeriences?

Bought all my stuff in Derry a couple of years ago saved a right few pounds. The only thing that may be a problem is the warranty. The fan packed in on my American Fridge Freezer but the engineer wouldn't come out as I live outside his jurisdiction.... One mile over the border.

I ended up just fixing it myself. So long story short dont go for extended warranties etc as they'll be a waste of time.

Make sure the rangemaster has FFD on each burner if it is a gas hob.FFDs are not required in UK but are a legal requirment in Ireland

Recently bought all white goods in Michael Briscoe Expert Store Drogheda.
Dealt with boss John.
Got amazing discounts and he threw in a tonne of the smaller stuff as I was spending considerable amount.
Newry didnt get a look in with this prices.
Defo recommended. No association.

Was looking for new fridge freezer a while ago. Unusually DID & Power city were both substantially cheaper than currys in sprucefield even taking the .79 exchange rate into account.

If buying in powercity - go to branch - pick out model required, then buy online for 10% saving.