buying uk car

lyonsa3

if buying a uk car to bring back to ireland would I get a discount.I will be buying from a car dealer (ford dealer) or car supermarket. The fact that I'm taking the car to ireland and therefore won't be back to the dealer with any faults, and the fact that payment will be in cash with no trade in should be a big plus to the car dealer. Any ideas on what or any discount I would get on a 05 mondeo for about £8000

Last edited:
Are you asking a question or just stating a point, a bit confused.

noah

i think if you look in the n.i section of the auto trader you should get an 05 tdci mondeo cheaper than 8kstg,it would leave it coming in about 16500-16800 euro am i right by the time vrt is paid.i'm sure even the out of city ford dealers could sell you a 6 speed tdci zetec for that or better maybe without the hassle and have your stat. rights. look around you never know

Any ideas on what or any discount I would get on a 05 mondeo for about £8000
Not a lot if anything at all. Why don't you ring the place you will be buying from and gauge their reponse?

Cars from car supermarkets in the UK are usually already discounted, often down to a level close to trade prices.

Back