Buying tyres on the web -beware delivery dates

NOAH

I decided to do a bit of research when my tyres needed replacing and opted for tyres that got rave reviews and were good value. So I first went to the chap who fitted my tyres last time and he agreed that I could order them and he would fit, balance, valves and tracking for a fee. So off I goes and order my tyres BUT the site does not tell you the delivery date until you have paid. And then you have to wait for an email. I was shocked when the email said 17 October, I ordered them 9th October. No news from my dealer yet so I checked site again and it transpires the tyres are coming from Germany and will be delivered in different packets, ie 2 tyres one day then 2 the next and as I ordered a spare as well that may come another day.

The site is -ttp://www.eiretyres.com/ so I foolishly assumed it was Ireland based and delivery would be one or two days.

Still not arrived and my tyres on car are bad!!

I feel a right wally so to others be warned.

noah

For the sake of balance here i must admit i've had good experiences with Eiretyres a number of times. Hard to beat their prices though i've managed it once.

In fairness they do say on the very front page 'delivery within 5-7 working days'. If this was going to be an issue it would have been better to source them locally.

tyres can be sourced locally for the same price as Eiretyres.. when buying from them you need to also remember that you will have to pay a garage here to fit them.. usually about 10 per tyre.. this brings the price up to what you could easily pay a local tyre business for the same tyres...

thanks for replies, tyres arrived Monday but my guy could not be bothered to ring me. I am having them fitted as I write. I agree that I did not read the front page at the outset and this was my reason for posting. Sourcing the tyres locally is another matter, I use 205/55 R15 and when I went local, a) they did not have them and suggested I use 198/205!! b) had one or two and the brands were so vague I would not use them, c) could order them but not sure how long it would take, d) could not do balancing and tracking, etc etc. So I found one place that will do the lot but even then it is highly unlikely a) I will get an invoice, b) a printout out of the tracking/wheel alignment but I am learning.

That site is good and I will use them again because I will note the mileage when I get new tryes and not expect it on an invoice. oh for Kwik Fit.

noah

Back