Buying shoes in America - Size Conversion

funnymunny

Hi,

I am looking at buying a pair of bridal shoes from the US. However, when I googled shoe size convertor, they all seem to differ. I am a size 7 here, and some of the convertors say it would be 8.5 in the US, others say it would be 9 and another says 9.5. Can anyone give a definitive answer before I waste 55 odd Euro?

Thanks

Have a look at the label on a pair of Nike runners that fit you. the irish size and the USA size will be on it. If you don't have Nikes go into a shop and try some on and write down size. I take a seven here and a 9 in slip ons over there and a 9.5 in fitted shoes eg ones with backs on. The runners are accurate though as you will more than likely want a fitted shoe as a bridal pair.

Nine West use american sizes, and I always buy 2 sizes bigger than my normal Irish size, but my shoe size differs by half a size in some shops, so it is a bit risky buying without trying on.

Be careful...I was over there a few weeks ago. I'm a 10 here and I bought two pairs of shoes....one was a 10 and the other was a 12 (both US sizes!)

I'd agree with Squonk, I'm a 41 here and in my Nikes I'm a US 9.5, but for other retailers i'm a 10-10.5 and 11!
I'd be wary of buying without trying the brand, is there an Irish retailler who sells the brand you want, so you can try and see?
Alternatively, forget bridal shoes and treat yourself to a good pair of designer ones, ie instead of paying €200 for white satin, pay that €200-300 for some fab ones in BT.... you'll get more wear out of them!
Or ask around and see if you can borrow someone elses shoes for the day, 'something borrowed' and all that! most people pay a huge amount for shoes that don't get to see the light of day again....

If I were you I would get a old comfey pair covered in the same meterial as your dress. I ordered extra material when I bought my dress for a cushion for the rings so I'm sure you could order a yard for the shoes. Unless you get good comfey shoes your feet will be killing you by evening.

Back