buying second hand car from buyand sell

Sammie

Can anyone tell me if there is a way that I can check out the reg to see if there's any outstanding payments on the car or if there is any speed tickets etc?

thanks

wouldnt worry about the speeding tickets! if they are processed after you have bought the car and sent to you simlply return them saying that you did not own the car at this time of the offence so could not have been the driver. But i dont think this can happen i would b elieve that in this fine world of computers that they would be able to figure out who the car was registered to at the time of the offence and not just sent it to the currrent registered owner!

While the finance check may be worth the €40, I'd be more worried about the car itself than the surrounding data. May be worth considering paying a local mechanic (or the likes of the AA offer vehicle inspections for around €220 I believe) to inspect the vehicle for you. They should be able to identify any previous accident damage if the car has been involved in one and if not should at least be able to identify any work which will need to be done in the short term (e.g. expensive timing belt replacements etc.).

Hi
I second the AA, I have just used them. I was very interested in an 02 opel astra at 38K, thought the car was perfect as it looked great but they picked up a very small fluid leak which could cost €1000 to fix, exhaust about to go, and car seemed to be guzzleing oil, had none in it, nct at 35K and now at 38K had no oil in the engine. AA advised me that it wasn't a good buy and I didn't buy it. I really thought I was getting a good deal and was just about to hand over the cash, however I decide to play it safe. I think I had a luck escape.