Buying Samsung 40A656 LCD up north?

bobo

Good savings to be had but the important questions are a) will it work the exact same as an LCD bought down south and b) is the technical spec the exact same? Have read about this on forums and there seems to be an issue regarding UHF v's VHF functionality - i presume this is required where you need to stick an aerial on the roof. I have sky for now and may switch to NTL/UPC... will my chosen TV work ok?

Funnily enough, I'm looking at the same telly and thinking of the same trip.

They generally run at €1300 down here, but I saw them on the Dixons website for £730 (€867 atm according to XE) so a saving of about €430. The only thing holding me back is the same question as the OP

It should work fine. I bought a LE32A457 from Komplett a couple of weeks ago for the parents xmass present:cool:. It works fine here except for the MPEG4 HD tests from the 3 Rock. It could get the sound OK, but not the picture. Currently I don't think any TV on the market at the moment is compatable with the new system.

Ages since I posted on this site.

Do yourself a favour ring Richer Sounds as I frimly believe that they will give you the best price/customer service and know that they will deliver to the South very cheaply.

No connection to them other than being a repeat and very satisfied customer.

They are very busy at the moment so you may have trouble getting through, details below and they'll get stock in from the their UK site.
http://www.richersounds.ie/

Hope this helps,
Majj

Back